Education Videos For Students is a blog that shares articles on educational videos for children

Acer Aspire 3004wlci

Lengthy ago i found myself requiring a brand new laptop. Using a tight budget and moderate needs, I knew it wasn't likely to be no problem finding a product or service that will do a few things i wanted and still wear my price structure. Being a Network Technician plus a Web Designer, I want to a device that might have sufficient storage to store my software, projects for my clients, nevertheless be capable of handle a good intermittent temporary OS backup coming from a client's machine. The qualifying candidate also had to have a decent amount of RAM plus a reasonably fast processor to maintain the requirements of multitasking and utilizing Studio MX '04 each and every day. In the beginning, I checked the sites, the refurbished outlets, and the wholesale warehouses. I came across a number of discounted prices for less than $500, but nothing that may handle the processing load that Studio MX 2004 would place on it. The common machine had 256MB of PC133 RAM, a 20GB HDD, along with a 1.0GHz Pentium processor. Not too shabby for students machine, however for daily service inside the fields Sometimes in, not nearly enough space or capacity to sustain my demands. I quickly pointed out that a new laptop could well be required by order to fulfill my needs. Realizing that many decent laptops cost over $1,000, I wasn't expecting a tremendous amount when I started doing your research. However, to my surprise, a neighborhood retail chain had a special running around the Acer Aspire 3004WLCi for $600 from $150 rebate. This became the top end of my budget, but the specs were a lot more than what I was thinking I'd get in this budget. Quick Specs: AMD Mobile Sempron 3100+ (1.8GHz) w/ 256K L2 cache 512MB DDR333 SODIM RAM (expandable to 2GB) 60GB 4200rpm Hard Disk Drive 15.4 Wide Screen WXGA Monitor CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive 3 USB 2.0 Ports (1 front / 2 side) Front Audio / Microphone jacks Integrated Microphone / Speakers Integrated Audio Controller Integrated Video Controller (nearly 128MB shared) Integrated 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem Integrated 802.3 10/100 Ethernet NIC Integrated 802.11b/g WiFi Maximum screen resolution: 1280 x 800 External monitor maximum resolution: 2048 x 1536 One type II PCMCIA Slot AC Power Adapter / 4-cell lithium-ion battery 1.5"Hx14.3"Wx11"D / 6.2lb. w/ Battery Microsoft Or windows 7 Home SP2 OK, before Time passes into your Advantages and disadvantages with this system, i want to first say this... As being a Network technician, I am a tiny stranger to Acer products. I have seen them before, but I've never used them. Within the industry dominated by Dells and HPs, Acer seemed much more of an "off-brand" in my experience. Knowing that, I wasn't expecting a lot for my money. Fortunately, I'd been not disappointed, but neither was I entirely wrong. Also, it can be worthy to note that before I used this machine, XP Home was trashed and only XP Professional SP2 and i also went through the device and performed several minor software performance tweaks around the operating system; which can be using the native Windows XP Pro utilities. Pros: The Acer Aspire 3004 WLCi is a reasonably powerful system for $600. Even for the original $750, this method is actually difficult to get over in the performance department. The Sempron 3100+ processor is surprisingly fast and capable. It handled running Dreamweaver MX 2004, Fireworks MX 2004, Microsoft Word 2003, Microsoft OneNote 2003, Firefox 1.5, Internet Explorer 6.0, Opera 8.5, Resize Browser, CPick, Java JRE, NOD32 Anti-Virus, Hotmail Popper, as well as some system services and minor utilities running in the shadows simultaneously and didn't complain or produce any unacceptable sustained CPU usage spikes. This really is aided by the generous and fast 512MB of DDR333 RAM, but withal, the processor surprised this long-time AMD user. The 60GB hard disk drive provides an ample amount of storage for average users. It's within the lower end of my requirements, but sufficiently adequate to deal with my installed software, over 12GB and services information software required for service calls, my client projects, and it retains enough space left to simply accommodate a 20GB client system backup. In addition, this technique includes a good Broadcom WiFi controller. Around my 3 story townhouse, which has excellent insulation, it can be used any place in my home using a signal strength of "Good" to "Excellent". The machine is ergonomically presented. I've rather large hands, and most modern laptops are entirely too small should realistically use for any extended stretch of time. Usually, within 20 or half an hour, my wrists and hands begin to ache from attempting to maintain a very unnatural position to be able to type the documents I'm working on. Low number of with all the Aspire 3000 series. These laptops use a relatively large chassis which has a keypad that may be almost ideal someone with large hands. I've actually found i can type nearly as rapidly (roughly 35wpm) on this laptop as I can on my desktop system which includes an ergonomic split keyboard (40wpm). Cons: If you're looking for a Multimedia, or if you plan to try to do any graphics intensive gaming, continue looking; this technique is not to suit your needs. Despite the widescreen WXGA display, this machine just isn't suitable for watching DVDs. The integrated video controller is only acceptable as well as the monitor takes a lot of "fiddling" within order to discover the "perfect" position for viewing. Furthermore, the glare on the watch's screen with this unit is terrible. I've found that in most brightly lit rooms I'm spending additional time straining my eyes to discover past my own , personal reflection. Also, the viewing angle is unimpressive. By trying to view the screen from anything higher than 15 degrees in almost any direction, you're either thinking about a beaten up or negative variation of the original. I've never been a large fan of LCD. I've always felt which a high quality CRT always looks better, but this screen might be more reminiscent of a LCD of 36 months ago compared to a new product. The integrated video and audio controllers certainly are a definite sore spot besides. I've always preferred expansion controllers over integrated controllers, in this cost range, I knew I might be stuck with the so-so quality of the integrated controller. No real surprise here. As usual, the quality and performance is sub-par with your controllers, but also for me, they certainly the job. However, if you are hearing any audio playback with this machine, then you've got to pack a quality pair of headphones. The tiny speakers for this machine are terrible sounding. Again, no big surprise. Now, about battery. I'm not sure who was simply accountable for defining this element of this machine, however they desire a checkup from your neck up. Battery performance on this machine is completely unacceptable. If you tune the system down significantly, it is extremely difficult to squeeze in excess of 1 hour of real usable respite with this system's life of the battery. The maker states that it's going to run 1.5 hours about the battery. I've never had time to get additional than an hour out of the unit. On this point in time, this is not acceptable. Fortunately, you will find few occasions while i must use this technique where I am not saying all around an influence outlet. My only other major complaint may be the lack of expansibility on this system. You obtain two SODIM memory card slots (full of 256MBx2 sticks from your factory), three USB 2.0 ports plus a Type II PCMCIA slot within this machine, that is it. No internal expansion capabilities, no fire wire, no serial or parallel connections, therefore you cannot swap out your combo drive easily. Given the purchase price selection of this method, I'm really not surprised, but We are a trifle disappointed. Fortunately, you will find a great deal of USB adapters available which allow me to accomplish whatever is required. Summary: Should you need a rudimentary system for work or school related tasks the Acer Aspire 3004WLCi is a solid performer that can handle average use effortlessly. I'd personally definitely recommend this unit university students or traveling pros who need an affordable, user-friendly laptop, but who do not plan on applying their laptop on batteries often, or who do not consider playing many games or movies. With the price conscious consumers out there, this technique is certainly worth the money. During my humble opinion, you receive over whatever you purchase, however , not by much.



@



Comments
0 Comments

Populer Minggu Ini

Acer Aspire 3004wlci | Advan Aplikasi Android Internet Gratis Terbaru